Note: ABP Fall 2016 Applications are still open for admission.
The Academic Bridge Program (ABP) annually admits secondary school graduates from Qatar and other countries in the region who need to improve their English, math and science skills in order to meet the admission standards of – and to do well in – highly selective universities.
Students applying the ABP must upload documents that meet the requirements below. If the documents do not meet the ABP admission requirements the application will be rejected. If you are not sure about your eligibility as a candidate please visit, email, or call the ABP admission office for consultation:
- Students applying from Qatari, Independent, American Curriculum, or International Schools must provide an official copy of High School Certificate scores. Students must have completed high school with averages as indicated below:
- Fall Admissions: Minimum 75% or C*
- Spring Admission: Minimum 80% or B*
- * Note: Students with High School average of 70% - 75% can still apply; however, application will be pending further review for official approval.
- Students applying from British Curriculum schools must provide at least two AS scores and 5 IGCSE scores. Preferred AS grades are C or above.
- Fall Admission: Two predicted AS grades and 5 official IGCSE grades*
- Spring Admission: Two official AS grades and 5 official IGCSE grades *
- * Note that students applying from British Curriculum schools still need to provide SEC equivalency once all grades are official.
- IELTS or iBT TOEFL with a minimum score as indicated below:
- Fall Admission: 4.5 for IELTS or 53 for iBT TOEFL*
- Spring Admission: 5.0 for IELTS or 61 for iBT TOEFL*
- *Note: IELTS/TOEFL results must be from the past two years.
- Must pay the application fee of QR 500 (non-refundable).
- Upload a Passport-size photograph.
- Upload a copy of Qatari ID card.*
- Upload a copy of Passport.
*International students applying from overseas and do not have a Qatari ID must contact the ABP admission office for guidance on how to complete the application.
The ABP will start accepting online application for the Fall 2016-2017 school year starting March 6, 2016 until August 25, 2016. Students admitted in the fall are admitted for the full school year starting in August and ends May.
Note: Students applying early in March and April will receive an admission confirmation in May.
Important dates for 2016-2017 admitted applicants:
All students admitted to the ABP must abide by the dates below
· Student Placement Test:
August 1, 2016 or August 2, 2016. Admitted students will be notified which of these dates will be their placement test.
August 3, 2016 and August 4, 2016. All admitted students must attend both ABP orientation days.
First Day of Classes:
Classes start on August 14th, 2016.
Sara Al Hail
T: +(974) 44542131
Coordinator of Admissions and Records
T: +(974) 44542166